Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Wednesday Wisdom

Samuel Johnson: The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.


Unfortunately, I have already started to feel those chains of habit. And not just in my attempts at weight loss, in my life in general. They are suffocating the success I've had, my marriage, my job, my thought processes even!! Someone toss me a hacksaw, QUICK!!!

Well, it's an issue to continue working on. In the meantime, my schedule lends little time for update, but I find it may also be emphasizing those restraints lately as well. There has also been a bittersweet moment this week as the Children's Hospital lost a young cancer patient on Monday. Alex was so sweet and strong, but I am thankful that he is no longer in pain. It weighs on my mind alot. I never even met him personally; I just kept up with the brief journal entries that his mother made daily on his website. He touched me and I am grateful for it. His photos defied his illness as they portrayed a child with brilliant eyes and a shining smile even when he was so frail. I am blessed to have "known" him. He is finally free of his chains.

5 comments:

Cory said...

I'm sorry to hear about Alex, although it is good that he isn't in pain. It's still hard for everyone left behind.

I wish you luck dealing with those restraints. There are hard to get away from, and it requires a lot of work.

Critter said...

Oh Kellie, I am so sorry that you are in pain right now. Please know I am here for you if you need me.

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

I'm keeping you in my thoughts during this time!

Robyn said...

oh that just sucks...I'm sorry I didn't read this earlier.
"virtual hug" to you :)

(and sorry about being such a horrible challenge partner - I haven't been motivating for you at all...grrrr)

WeightWatchnWoman said...

Oh my, I am sorry to hear of the loss of Alex. I am sure he is in heaven smiling down on us. I feel your pain and I am here for you.