Monday, April 30, 2007

Almost back 100%


<---- That's me right now! Well, maybe a little chunkier. ;) May will be a very busy month for me! Travel, my dad's knee surgery, a garage sale, my 10th wedding anniversary, life... I'm tired just thinking about it!
I am also trying desperately to rejoin the ranks of professional bloggers!! I am working on catching up with all my favorites, and there are so many!! But I am really looking forward to it.
Life has been pretty good the last week or so. I contacted a publishing company with my story idea and even started putting the ideas to paper (well, computer screen anyway!) Is it possible that I am the next J.K. Rowling?!? I guess we'll see! It would be extraordinary!!
I have officially found my household animal limit!! This past weekend we kept the in-laws dachshund while they were out of town. It was quite the experience! If you know me, then you also know that I have 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 hamster, 2 toads, 2 goldfish, a 75 gallon fish tank filled with very fruitful guppies, and 2 chicks that my daughter got for Easter! The addition of one more dog, even an itty bitty one, proved almost overwhelming! I had to take the dogs out in shifts as they would scatter if I took them all out at once. And you can forget the use of leashes in a any 2+ dog arrangement! Imagine the most ridiculous dog-walker you can. You know the one who is forced into a tree when the dogs split it or the one who falls and is subsequently pulled at least 10 feet more. Hold on to that image and insert my face and you can witness my weekend! I may have just been cured of my tenderhearted affinity for the animal shelters!
I got an email from a best friend who is about to return to Iraq for his THIRD tour of duty there! I am so worried. It seems like he is just pushing his luck!!
On the other hand, my brother in law will be coming home for a 2 week leave in just 10 days!! We are so excited! He left for his post in Iraq last June and we haven't seen him in so long. We can't wait!
And finally, another military friend just finished his final days of service and is planning a move to Orlando. He said we could come visit anytime we want!!!

4 comments:

Sally JPA said...

That is a crazy animal fest. Imagine all of that in a tiny NYC apartment, and throw in some turtles . . . and that is basically how my meticulously clean, big-hearted college roommate lived when she was in law school. (They were rescued animals she was fostering.)

It's enough for me to clean up after two cats!

Tiffany said...

I hit my animal limit with two dogs. Whenever we babysit a third I feel as if I cannot give them all of the attention they need!! Sorry to hear about everyone you know in Iraq - I do hope they all come home safely. I had a brother in law in Iraq for a year and I truly hope that he does not have to go back - especially since him and my sister and trying to have a baby.

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

Sounds like you've got a seriously busy month ahead! So tell us about your book idea! What's it about?

JOY said...

Glad everything seems to be going well for you right now!

Gosh so many animals to care for! You must have lots of space to accommodate them all!

Hope the book goes well - I will checking to see how you get on regularly!

How wonderful that you will get to see your brother again! You must be very proud of him and rightly so!