Thursday, April 19, 2007

Thoughts for Thursday

The last few days have been really great for me! Some really amazing things have happened!

Phil and I are getting along great. I have stopped being so worried about all the little things. I have really started being aware of those moments when the fight that might ensure over an issue would be more harmful than the issue itself. Basically, I am choosing my battles. I am focusing on trying to discover what it is that I want for my life. I am not sweating the small stuff.

My mood has improved greatly. I am even enjoying house work!! My imagination has flourished and I feel as though I have had a visit from a muse. There are nights that I can't sleep as my thoughts are flying with writing ideas. I haven't started back on my exercise, but I am headed in the right direction.

Here's the huge kicker... I have quit my job at the Children's Hospital! I am applying for graduate school at the University of Central Arkansas. Now, the only problem is choosing a direction!! I have a bachelor's degree in Biology. I took the medical research route up to now and I enjoy it as long as I am in the laboratory. Unfortunately, Arkansas is not exactly a research hub and jobs are scarce. I have always had a passion for animals, and I am considering studies in that field. Completing my 2 year master's degree would coincide with the hopeful addition of a penguin exhibit at our local zoo and I would love to be in charge of it. My last choice is to teach. UCA has a Masters of Art in Teaching which would mean I could go directly into teaching science, but I am not sure that I am teacher material. I love kids and have volunteered on several occasions both at church and at my daughter's school. I am just not sure that I am right for a daily teaching position. Again, something more to consider, but I have until July to determine my direction.

Even though I am lacking a bit of direction, I feel great about everything! I have planned my birthday trip to see my cousin in Virginia with a weekend excursion to New York City!! I have a full summer ahead of me which includes a bit more travel and plenty of time to find my way.

Thanks to all of the wonderful support that everyone has given me lately. Michelle left me a wonderful, uplifting poem. Fatmom shared some wonderful insight. And all those of you, including, but definitely not limited to, Robyn, Jeannie, Christy, Tiffany, and so many others that have helped to keep me going by just a few words of kindness. Even the very odd comments left by a few strangers have made me smile. Thanks so much!!!!!!

5 comments:

*Rae* said...

Congratulations on doing what makes you happy I hope you keep on doing it and keep taking care of yourself and knowing and doing what you want and need

jeannie* said...

Sounds like things are starting to turn around. Congrats on quitting your job and finding what it is that YOU want. Its quite inspiring :)

Kate said...

Congrats on picking a new direction for you life, I know it's hard, but it seems to have so far made you a happier person, which is always a plus.

As far as not sweating the small stuff, I'm also trying to learn the same thing right now! I think it's the key to happiness right there!

Tiffany said...

It is so good to hear that you are figuring things out. It is especially important in a marriage to pick you battles. Good luck with the new carere move - how exciting.

Cory said...

Congrats on going back to school. You'll get it figured out!