Monday, August 28, 2006

Body Balancing Act

What the hell do they put into all those bad foods that make me crave them so badly?!? What makes chocolate and caffeine so damn addictive? Why can't that stuff be in fruits and veggies so that I will want them instead?

I have always been curious as to why the entire world seems wired backward. For instance, it's been proven that if I ingest more vitamin supplements than my body needs, they are flushed out. My body will actually remove any excessive elements that it can't use. Why doesn't my body do the same with fat?!?

Moreover, why do women have to feel so terrible during menstruation? Is there some sort of uterine depression because we didn't get pregnant that month?!? Boy, did Eve get the short end of the stick in the Garden or what?!?! She was tricked!! Adam was the one that tried to pass the buck and blame Eve or even God himself!!! Remember your scripture..."The woman YOU made for me, gave it to me and I ate." Are you kidding me?!?!

Turkey has a chemical in it that makes you sleepy. Chocolate releases endorphines similar to those released during sex. Caffeine seems as addictive as any illegal drug. Sunshine contains natural vitamin D our bodies absorb, but also has those UV rays responsible for cancer. What's a girl to do?!?!

Balance...it's all about balance. Homeostasis is the body's state of constantly maintaining balance. I just have to find mine. I have to sort through all the hype and find what is best for me and my body. So...

1. Limit my chocolate intake. OMG, it's like trying to stop breathing!!!

2. Decrease my caffeine. Somebody's going to have to pay for this...My hubby, perhaps!!!

3. Increase my servings of fruits and veggies. Through the lips and past the gums, look out colon, here it comes!!!

4. Replace lost chocolate with sex. Maybe this will make up for the caffeine deprivation attacks on my hubby!!!

5. Exercise. But, doesn't the movement of my hand to my mouth count?!? NO! Well, crap...
"heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to the gym I go"

6. Drink water. Dammit, my body already retains fluids!! At this rate, I may become the newest lake!!!

7. Keep your spirits up. Oh, yeah, like that's going to happen?!?! Give me some chocolate and we'll talk!!!

It seems like such a short list, but each one is a daily challenge! Each one is a battle in the war of the waistline!! Here's the important thing though. "Anything worth having, is worth fighting for." So I am going to put down the chocolate bars and pick up the broccoli; drop the sodas and grab the water; get off my butt and workout. It's that simple! Well, at least is should be!! I will keep working on it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, why does it seem so easy to put the weight on? And yet it takes forever to get it off? grrr AND they make it so darn expensive to eat "healthy" WTH ? Why are fruits and veggies so much more then the chocolate? gesh Ok my rant is over, hehe.

Anonymous said...

I could go the rest of my life without eating a piece of chocolate and I'd never look back...chips on the other hand...I can't get them out of my mind. They are my secret lover hee hee.

Anonymous said...

It's no easy task, but you're right, it is worth the fight. Just think, the food will still be around when you achieve your goal, and by that time you will have learned to balance it all out, or so I hope, hehehehe. Once you get strong in your routine, you can indulge every now and then, like once or twice a month, that's what I do. Keep it up, you're doing great!