Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Progress report

This week marks the 10th week on my weight loss program. I have lost a total of 17 pounds so far, which is alot until you consider that I have to lose 86 pounds more to reach my goal. Remarkably, alot has changed in my life during those weeks. Other than the weight loss, I am starting to feel a little more comfortable in my own skin. I actually wore a t-shirt tucked into my jeans for the first time in years!! I have developed a bit more drive in my day-to-day life as well, though it still remains very hard for me to get up as early as I need to. I have managed to stay relatively faithful to Nutrisystem with only a few cheat days and I have been drinking about 80 ounces of water daily. Lots of bathroom time!!

I've learned some stuff about myself too. I'm allergic to the elliptical machine. I don't require caffiene to live. Internet buddies can become great friends. Yogurt is not the enemy, but cameras still are! Gym classes require fresh underwear. Cheating is not necessarily failing. I can overcome depression. My husband really does think I'm sexy. Goals can always be altered a bit. Losing weight is not easy but it is possible!

Ultimate SEXY Summer Goal (July 2007)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, it sounds like not only are you successful on the program but you are gaining life and emotional successes too.

It was hard for me to realize that my husband thinks I'm sexy, but boys are funny that way...they love us, accept us for who we are, and for some reason, they think we are sexy...

Perhaps we should be the person our husbands see us as. I'm sure we'd be a lot less hard on ourselves.

Anonymous said...

Bravo on the 17lbs! I agree with all your life lessons! Camera's are still evil and mirrors too! lol Maybe in a few months I'll learn to like them more !

Anonymous said...

Hey Kel! Congrats on the 17 lbs lost! That is just fantastic!And great lessons learned on your part. Love them! Keep up the great work,
Karine