Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tips for going to the gym.

So, I completed my 2nd aerobics class at the gym today during my lunch hour. After the first one, I learned that a mid day exercise REQUIRES a mid day shower!! Today, I managed to get through the entire 30 minute routine and was really looking forward to that shower when I realized a few things would have to be remedied before my next venture.

1. Always have a hair clip or ponytail holder! I was so desperate to pull my medium length hair up that I unraveled some of the stitches from the bottom of my t-shirt to wrap around my hair!

2. Bring a towel of EVERY size. Just because they say they have towels available doesn't mean they have them "available". You need 3: a hand towel for the coursing sweat, a washcloth (or face towel for you northerners) to clean your funky butt, and a bath towel to dry you clean.

3. Buy a lock. Yes, they have lockers, but no locks!

4. You WILL NEED a hair dryer and a hair brush. This is especially true if, like me, your gym is associated with your office. You HAVE to exercise...You HAVE to shower...You HAVE to wash your hair too...and...You HAVE to be able to fix it back!!! I didn't even have a brush with me to detangle it!! I had to cross the campus looking like a drowned rat!!

5. You will also NEED to bring your makeup. Okay, so I looked like a very pale, disgusting drowned rat!!!

6. Flip flops or water shoes are a Must. It occurred to me just how disgusted the floor of those public showers could be....don't chance it! Cover your feet!!!

And this is the most important one....

7. Bring CLEAN underwear!!! It does you no damn good to take a shower only to discover that you got to put on the same sweaty drawers again!! EEWWW!!!!

I wrote all the necessities down on a post-it note and stuck it to my gym bag. Hopefully, Thursdays adventure will leave me much less homeless-looking!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on going back to another class!!

That's funny about the sweaty undies, I never would have thought to bring fresh ones with me!!

Luckily I just work out at home so I have all the ammenities needed to "freshen up" after a hot stinky work out!