Thursday, March 22, 2007

WTH?!?

"I hear what you are saying. What I get so confused about in these blogs is why people air their problems such as this. The people commenting in this section have no investment in your relationship. You should be talking to him, not posting a very personal, hurtful situation. Does he read your blog? Maybe this is part of the problem. You look for your comfort from anonymous friends, and not the person you devoted your life to. I don't get it." -an anonymous comment left on a previous post here.

Why do people seek advice from therapists?

Why do overweight people seek support groups?

Why do people call in to radio stations?

Why do people, for that matter, turn to friends and family for emotional stability?

It saddens me that you don't get it, and that is unfortunate. The answer is nothing more than a connection to others, ANY others, who share a common thread of humanity. If you can find even one stranger that can lift your spirits even for the briefest of moments it is so worthwhile to air your problems. If you can find even one faceless listener to provide you with an instant of understanding when you need it most, it is a wonder to share your personal, hurtful situations. If you can find even one anonymous friend to provide you with a few words of comfort it is a blessing.

And so, I am so sorry that you don't "get it", but it has proven a source of fellowship, inspiration, and solace to me many times before. I can only hope that those whom you have termed "people" know that I consider them friends.

Oh and by the way, thanks for the comment!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Whenever you have an open blog that anyone can post to you will get the comments that you really don't want. I am sorry that you have to deal with them especially when you have so many others problems to deal with at this time. You need to tell that person is that you need somewhere to write your feeling and thoughts down and if you did it in a personal diary no one is going to help you out. This way you get the support and ideas of people on the internet.

Everything that I would suggest you do to help your marriage it seems as if you have done it and I wish I could offer advice but I can't. One thing I do remember from growing up is my parents went through a very rough time in their lives and we thought they were going to get divorced and the kids did not want that to happen at all. My mom started going to a new church that had a divorce or marital problems group on her own - that made dad very upset but eventually he started going with her. Eventually they were able to work through it and they are still together after 30 plus years. I don't know if this helps but just an idea. - Tiff

A Heathier Me said...

You are going through so much right now I know that has to make things harder. Just know that we are all hear to listen to you if you need it. Have a good weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Kel, *hugs* I know what you're going through! There are always going to people that will comment things like that, but that's what happens sometimes. Just let it roll off your back, we're here for you!

JOY said...

Don't worry about unwanted comments - you have more going on in your life than to worry about people with too much time on their hands!

The main thing is that you have the support of fellow bloggers, we are here if you need any of us!

Sometimes it is just nice to share something with someone you don't know well and get their prospective and advice - where is the harm in that?

I wish you luck in sorting your marriage out whatever you decide to do but you need to make a fresh start - either together or separate!

You have to sort this out on your own honey! Only you know what is best for you.

I wish I could help more!

Critter said...

My question is WTF are they doing reading your blog anyway?

Sally JPA said...

Good luck on figuring things out in the way that you deem best for yourself. That's obviously what's most important. And I'm so glad you're not sweeping it under the rug but are really dealing with it.