Sunday, March 25, 2007

So far, So good...

Not much to report on the marriage front. We are living amicably enough; no arguments, a few talks. We'll see.

Of course, he's waiting on me hand and foot right now. It's a bit annoying, mostly because I am pretty sure that it is not a permanent adjustment. He has a lot of trouble talking to me about anything but trivialities, and any serious conversations we have about our problems have to be initiated by me. He did at least finally say he was sorry, but I asked him for what. I wanted to be sure that he knew exactly what had bothered me about the whole thing. I think he gets it. Now to just have him able to keep it in mind.

Everyone is on Spring Break right now, and there's an awful lot of awkward silence, especially when Megan is here too. The other issue is our trip back to my hometown later this week. My family is completely unaware of our current troubles, and so our plans haven't been changed to reflect them. My uncle got us a stay at the very bed and breakfast we honeymooned at almost 10 years ago; in the very same room! Thankfully, Megan will be staying there with us, so it will hopefully not be as difficult as I am expecting. The real challenge will be hiding all this from my family members for 4 days. The only reason for that is the intrusive nature of my family members. They would be trying desperately to "fix us". Love 'em, but oh how they butt in!!

Here's hoping my next posts are a bit more fun!!

9 comments:

Critter said...

I am sorry you are having trouble right now. I am here for you if you need to talk.

Tiffany said...

Hey - How is the exercise and diet going??? I know it is difficult to keep up on diet and exercise when your personal life is upset but have you been running or walking or what ever you do to workout? If not it might help your day go by?

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

{{HUGS}} Hope things get easier for you soon!

bleeeeeeeeeeeeeee said...

windows_98
hotel
parchemin
bisounours
burkina
sweet
entre_les
cure
md
football_1977
en_or

digitalGoobie said...

Hi Kellie,

I'm new to your blog, and I've only read a few posts - but it sounds like you, your husband and family are all going through a lot right now - I hope for the best for you all.. and good luck with the family. I don't know your family or anything, but with mine at least, I always value their support and input. Don't shy away from the people who just want what's best for you and love you unconditionally.... I'm sure you could use that right now.

Not the big one. said...

Hey there. Just checking to see if you're hanging in there? I hope things are looking up in the home front. If you need to write to anybody I'm here. It's weird. I know. I'm a total stranger. But like I've written I've been a bit through what you've done. It must be a bit more stressful trying to lose weight at the same time. After going thru all the Fat Blogs I've finally decided to start the SB diet tomorrow. Wish me luck. I would really like to be a role model for my little girl. Life is hard. Write to you later.

FatMom said...

Rough stuff...I've had the same problems in my marriage, too...could have written your last few posts, except I can't fathom the idea of divorce. So it just goes on and on... Hope things get better for you, K.

Anonymous said...

I admire your honesty and allowing your self to be vulnerable. I am in the process of losing over 150 pounds myself. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to support you.

Keep pushing play!

Judi

Michelle @ The 2007 Challenge said...

This is how God showed
His love among us: He sent
His one and only son
into the world ...
I John 4:9


May He who makes
the flowers grow,
and gives the sun
its golden glow ...

who gently guides
the birds in flight,
and lights the stars
that cheer the night ...

May He whose love
shines over us all,
and gives us blessings
great and small ...


May Christ, the risen
King of Kings,
fill all your days with
lifes good things.

Bless you at Easter
and Always.

Aloha,
Michelle
http://findingmahealanai.typepad.com