Tuesday, November 28, 2006

5 Things

5 Things I like about myself:
1. I am a very knowledgeable animal lover.
2. I am good with kids.
3. I am a people person and generally get along with everyone.
4. I think I have pretty eyes.
5. I am a fair writer.

5 Things I don't like about myself, but I can change:
1. I am classified as obese.
2. I have no female friends to hang out with.
3. I have a tendency to be lazy at times.
4. I dropped out of graduate school.
5. There are times when I lie to people for no reason.

5 Things I don't like about myself, but I must accept as unchangeable:
1. My hair is extraordinarily thin and fine.
2. I wear a size 10, wide width shoe.
3. I don't have delicate, graceful hands and fingers.
4. My skin still thinks it's 14 and is highly prone to acne.
5. I have a number of past regrets.

5 Nice things people have said about me:
1. "You are the smartest person I know."
2. "When you are happy, you radiate."
3. "I'm glad you're my momma."
4. "We are so proud of you!"
5. "Exceeds Expectations"

5 Positive changes I have made in my life in the last six months:
1. I started the Nutrisystem program.
2. I have decreased my caffeine intake to only 1 serving per day.
3. I have begun therapy for my depression.
4. I have bought a new home and moved into it.
5. I joined the gym at work.

5 Things I can do to lift my spirits when I am down:
1. I can read Shakespeare.
2. I can go for a walk.
3. I can call a friend.
4. I can write poetry.
5. I can blog.

3 comments:

Robert Fellows, Jr. said...

Very therapeutic, I imagine. Good stuff!

Anonymous said...

Great lists!! I think I have alot in common with you, at least one thing in each of those lists made me think "hey, me too!" LOL I see you like turtles? In your last post you said something about sitting in front of the computer in a shell and it made me think that there was a turtle out there looking for his shell ? Poor turtle sitting around all naked? he he

Anonymous said...

This is a great list. You posted on my blog and I'm glad, because I have enjoyed reading yours and find it inspiring. Our weights are nearly identical right now! I think I'll try this list exercise the next time I get some writing time. Glad to meet you - Susan