Friday, December 01, 2006

December Already?!?!?

OMGosh!! It's December! Where has the time gone?!? I got a little "put off" today when I ripped November off of my desk top calender. I have December 31st marked as "Onderland Goal" in bright green ink. The worst of it all is that if I hadn't lost myself for about 6 weeks or so, I would probably be getting very close to that goal right now!! How saddening! And extraordinarily disheartening!! It's just terrible to think about where I might have been if I had managed to stay on track.

My only comfort is knowing that I should be back to my pre-depression weight (234 lbs) by that time. I can't focus on my lost time or regrets. I have to stay totally focused on reaching my goal. Especially since it's the holiday season. There is so much more temptation right now. Two of my favorite things are typical only available around Christmas; namely egg nog and chocolate covered cherries. And I have made it to the first day of December without a single bit of either!!! YAY ME!!!

December is a very busy month in general too and I am hoping that the extra fun activities will keep me busy and my mind off all the Christmas goodies skulking about the stores. Today, I am going with my hubby's high school marching band all the way to Shreveport, Louisiana. They were invited (and paid) to perform in the Christmas parade there. I have my meals packed and plan to stick to my plan as best I can. Next weekend, I am taking Friday off and Phil and I are headed up to St. Louis for three days. We haven't been alone together since last May and we are going to see my fave comic Jeff Dunham!!! I am so excited!! Then there is my office party on the 15th and then of course Christmas and New Years!! That doesn't even include the 8-10 days of travelling for work that I will be doing this month!! WHEW!! All that should definitely keep me occupied!!!

So, now I am setting a new Onderland Goal: May 18, 2007. This will coordinate perfectly with my 10 year anniversary and a good friend's 40th birthday, which better be one helluva party!!! ;)

PS. "helluva" was actually in my spell checker!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrates on your NSV's !! I do beleive there is a Soy Egg nog?? I have yet to try it but I imagine it would be a healthier choice then the regular stuff? I think if I start to crave Egg nog too much this year I might give it a try! Oh, and I absolutely love marching bands and parades! ;)

deseygirl said...

Best of luck with your goal!
thank you for your comments and advice, I appreciate it. I will try the 5 things tonight when I go to bed.
I understand what are you saying with respect to maybe not being interested/relating to someone with different weight issues. but I think that our commonalities show that people of all sizes/shapes can struggle with the same issues. Also, a part of my body insecurity stems from the stretch marks I have all over my legs and bum. So yes I am small, but I got those in puberty, and have had a hard time accepting my body since then.
take care!

Robert Fellows, Jr. said...

Sounds like you have your priorities for the holiday temptations all lined out. Good for you! Looking forward to that "party" ;).