Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wednesday Wisdom

It's not whether you get knocked down; it's whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi
Dragging myself up out of the quagmire of overindulgence is not very easy. I still have to look at all the wonderful sweet things that I love lying all over the house. Cordial cherries, egg nog, holiday cookies all seem to be staring at me from every corner of my home. Ugh!! But, I am going to face those temptations and attempt to stand back up, stronger and wiser!


I weighed myself this morning to find that the holidays were not good to me. I have gained almost 6 pounds back since November. On the bright side, at least I didn't gain back all 12 that I had lost so it's still a great jumping off point for the new year!! It put my fat tail back up on that diet wagon though!! I am starting out fresh again and have settled on a couple new strategies to go along with 2007. My hubby teaches so he has quite a bit more time off for the holidays than I so I have set him a research assignment for today. He is to read over my fitness contract and try to think up some ways to be more supportive and helpful with my new lifestyle change. I have appointed him my unofficial trainer. I think by keeping him up-to-date on my progress will help him to become a bit more sympathetic to my struggle and maybe even influence him too. We'll see...

Now, to a new grievance: Have you ever just wanted to beat the hell outta someone? I almost succumbed to road rage on my way to work this morning. I am typically a very calm person, but I think this guy would have deserved it! He was a total road hog and a huge jerk! He was driving a truck with those spot lights on top of it. You know, the ones hunters usually have even though they are illegal to use in most places... Anyway, this guy was tailing me for a while with those things on and shining right in my face!! I even slowed down to let him pass and he just stayed there...inches from my bumper! Finally, the road became 2 lane highway, but only temporarily. He finally passes me in the left lane, then gets back in front of me, slows to a crawl, and puts his brake on every few seconds. He actually turned around to look at me a few times!!! Then, he got on his phone and looked like he was telling a buddy about how much fun he was having!! That's when I got on my phone and dialed 911. I told them about my reckless driver, where he was, and his license plate number. I continued to follow him at an attempted safe distance while he continued to creep and brake. The 2 lanes appeared again and I tried to pass him. He sped up!! Laughing the whole time!! I just couldn't believe it!!!!! He finally let me pass and when he was behind me again, he turned those spot lights back on! I actually felt like I was in danger! I called 911 again and told them that I was being harassed and was worried for my safety from this person following me. Now, I take a back road highway to work and my commute is about 30 minutes just to get into the city. I was on the line with the dispatcher when I got into North Little Rock and shortly after that I saw those blue lights finally!! Of course, then he backed off, but the cop already had him!! The dispatcher took my name, address, and phone number; reminded me that my call had been recorded, but said that it may be necessary to file a formal complaint. I agreed but it was all I could do not to turn around and stop with him and the officer. I could have hurt the guy!! Now, I have to go by the PD this afternoon to file a complaint! What was his deal?!?! Damn, now, I'm all pissed off again!!!!!

6 comments:

Former Skinny Person said...

Chill! Smile knowing that this guy probably has a huge ticket! And you have the last laugh!! Why is it that normally nice people act like idiots when they get behind the wheel of a two-ton bomb with four tires?? I don't know, but I know how you feel!

Thanks for stopping by!

FatMom said...

Hey, Kellie! Congrats (sincerely) on only gaining 6 pounds, and, yes, you're still ahead of the game! I have a very bad feeling for me...ANY-way, you've got a great blog, and it's really inspiring to see your relationship with your husband is so supportive.

Robert Fellows, Jr. said...

Wow! You quoted a famous FOOTBALL coach. I'm so proud!!

Robert Fellows, Jr. said...

Thank God for cell phones!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Did you tell your good ol' husband about your road incident. That was kinda scary!

Elaniom said...

Nope, I didn't mention it to him at all. He worries enough about my 2 hours of daily commuting as it is!!