Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I HATE MONEY!!!

Gosh, why does everything have to be so hard!?!? We've had this great weekend planned for months and now it looks like we may not be able to go!!

Okay, so here's the story. We started a new policy in October with our life insurance agent. He's a nice guy really and we have been with this company for almost 9 years now. Anyway, we started these new policies and turned over $70 to get them started. He came back a month later with the paperwork and said that our first automatic payment would be $109 on November 24th. This would include the premiums for October and November. Makes since so far, right? Last week, they drafted $255 from our checking account!! I don't know about some of you guys, but our budget is pretty tight and an unexpected expense really hurts us!! It was 2 days before my husbands paycheck hit and it plunged us into the red. Of course, then every other check we still had out bounced and of course, the bank (ridiculously, I might add) charges you more of what you don't have! We ended up with $248 in overdraft charges!! 2 days has ruined our entire month of December and maybe even hurt our Christmas!! And the company refused to budge. They claim "riders" on our policy increased the price and that it was the fault of our agent who told us the wrong amount. So we have to just take it up the you-know-what!!

So, now we are behind about $400, which was trip money we had planned to use for this weekend on our little holiday to St. Louis. The Jeff Dunham tix are already paid for and are non-refundable and I was so looking forward to it!! I'm upset, mad, depressed, and whatever else I could possibly be in a situation like this!! What Christmas shopping I will be able to do has to wait until the 15th when hubby gets paid again and I just have to hope and pray that the bills I am having to skip to pay others aren't going to ruin us later in January too!!

I HATE MONEY!! When I am Queen of the World, I will change all that!

2 comments:

SydneyDawn said...

Have you spoken with your bank? Sometimes they're nice and they'll refund your overdraft charges if you explain the situation. It's worth a shot. My mom works at a credit union here and she's done that several times for people.

Annieann77 said...

Wow, sounds kinda crappy! Sorry to hear about all the money issues! I also hate money and I often wish that I lived in the "old" days when a loaf of bread was 2 bits and you got paid very little. But there was less money headaches even with people being so poor?!