Friday, December 15, 2006

Funny Friday


If only that were true, huh?!?

The new dog went over just fine last night. The husband was a bit perturbed but when I told him the story about Derby his heart just melted. This morning cinched his official membership in our family. He stayed in the house with us all night. Keep in mind that we bought our home in September and it was newly carpeted, so we took quite a risk last night!! Anyway, Derby did so well and impressed us all. I slept on the couch so that I could hear him if he needed to go to the bathroom. He lay on the floor beside the couch all night. When my bladder woke me up at 4:19 this morning, he decided he needed to go too. He just stood patiently in front of the door while I went to the bathroom. Once outside, he took care of business, sniffed around a bit and then headed for the house! So, no piles or puddles in our home!! YAY DERBY!!! This made my hubby very, very happy. It also helped to learn that he was neutered and fully vetted, too. I think what really convinced him though is that I took him to Petsmart yesterday to have him groomed. He came home to meet his new daddy looking gorgeous, feeling so soft, and smelling of sugar cookies curtesy of the holiday grooming package there!! We are going tonight to get him a dog house and invisible fence system. Everything is wonderful today!!!

2 comments:

Annieann77 said...

Glad to hear everything went over so good!! I'm sure you will bond very quickly to Derby. And he sounds like he has all his house manners! How is your cat handling the newest member of the family? I know mine wasn't too happy about it at first but now they are like best buds! he he

SydneyDawn said...

That is fantastic news. I'm so glad everything went so well. Yay for Derby!