Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Teaser Thursday

I am a movie fanatic and I absolutely love to keep up with the coming attractions. I have started to notice that you get so little mention of movies with budgets less than $100 million these days, so in the spirit of sharing, I present Teaser Thursday. It's a chance for me to share some of the not-so-blockbusters (and some of the more anticipated ones, too, of course) on the horizon. Keep in mind, I am not a professional critic, nor have I any advanced knowledge or access to these films. This is only an expression of interest in these pictures based on their trailers as posted on their respective websites!!!






Miss Potter


The Weinstein Company


January 5, 2007


http://www.potter-movie.com/


Starring: Renée Zellweger, Ewan McGregor, Emily Watson, Barbara Flynn, Bill Paterson, Lloyd Owen






I have always loved "The Tale of Peter Rabbit", but I have never even considered the life of it's author and artist Beatrix Potter. This looks to be the enchanting tale of her life during the publication of her world-renowned children's book. A love affair and subsequent proposal from an oddly mustached suitor (Ewan McGregor) results in family tensions and societal pressure. Miss Potter finds strength and independence following "tragedy and loneliness"; a statement that leaves me in fear of a tearful ending that has likely resulted in this movie's classification as a drama and not a romantic comedy. A cast of wonderfully charming actors only increases my urge to see this one!!

In case you didn't notice, the time now is 3:26 AM. For some reason, my eyes just popped open this morning and I can't get back to sleep. Maybe I am excited because my daughter is going to work with me today. Or maybe I just went to bed a bit too early last night (around 9; many more hours sleep than I am used to getting!!) Either way, here I sit with little else on my mind so I find myself surfing the web and trying to just stay up a couple more hours until it's time to rouse the family. I wonder if there is anything worthwhile on television...

1 comment:

SydneyDawn said...

Sounds like an interesting movie, I'll definitely check it out. And nothing is ever worthwhile on TV at that hour.