Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fridge Group Challenge

Okay, so the group challenge for the MYaP blog was to photograph your fridge in all it's temptation-filled glory. Then we have one week to clean it out, stock it with healthy stuff, and post the diet-friendly fridge pics. So...



*********************************
Here's the freezer with its strawberries, corn on the cob, portioned out chicken breasts, a couple healthy choice meals, some farm fresh black eyed peas, asiago and Romano cheeses, an empty taquitos box (WTH?!?!), and bags of flour and sugar that were bought for holiday recipes and then not really needed. (I really don't fix much of anything from scratch except on special occasions!!)



Here's the door. The only things I claim responsibility for or contact with is any of the mustards, all the fat free dressings at the bottom, and the picante sauce (I love the stuff!!). Everything else (chocolate syrup, ketchup, jelly, BBQ sauces, etc) are either Phil's or Megan's. Notice the 2 very lonely eggs up top!! I can do with or without them, and NS comes with a pretty good powder egg breakfast!!




And here's the really embarrassing part!! :0
All those plastic tubs you see...that's our fancy Tupperware filled with the last few nights leftovers. That jug of milk has soured, we've just kinda covered it up with tea pitchers that are now emptied! The upper drawer is the meat cabinet with my hubby's sandwich stuff (ham, cheese, hot dogs). That bottom left drawer has a couple onions and my daffodil bulbs I never got around to planting last year. :( The bottom right drawer has the last bit of my hubby's cranberry grape juice (gag!) and a tub on nightcrawlers (not for eating; for fishing!) It's very obvious that we haven't gone grocery shopping since before the holidays, huh?!?


Boy, do I have some cleaning to do!! I just hope those nightcrawlers haven't escaped again!!!

7 comments:

Michelle @ The 2007 Challenge said...

I think you win the prize for most diverse 'fridge - nightcrawlers and daffodil bulbs!! LOL!

Critter said...

I think using butter tubs for tupperware must be a southern thing.

jeannie* said...

I agree -- certainly the most diverse!! So excited to see your after pictures!

Cory said...

Butter tubs are the BEST! You're fridge isn't too bad though...And definitely diverse.

~~Midnight Raider~~ said...

We use all kinds of plastic wear for "tupperware." Even Chinese food take-out containers!

Robyn said...

Yeah, seriously - I do the same thing with tupperware. It can't be just a southern thing - hee! Half the time hubby wants to butter his bread and finds leftover spaghetti instead.
Also - I had no idea you are supposed to keep bulbs in the fridge - I have some Iris's that I never planted and they're sitting in a bag on my porch...
Teach me Oh Wise One!

WeightWatchnWoman said...

My husband is the expert at keeping butter tubs for storage. I kindly go behind him and when he is not looking, pitch them. I don't pitch the contents, but I do switch them over to tubberware. Until this day, he has never noticed.

I am with the rest of the group, very diverse. Thanks for sharing.