Friday, January 12, 2007

I apologize in advance...

I am trying so hard avoid allowing the PMS demon to take over my body. I succumbed to a caffeine binder yesterday. Something I had all but given up completely and I just could absolutely not think of anything yesterday but coffee, Diet Coke, and chocolate. So, I gave in but I did my best to make them as healthy as possible. I gave up the Caramel Macchiato I really wanted and settled for a large French vanilla coffee with fat free milk and splenda. I gingerly sucked on 6 Cherry Cordial Hershey's Kisses last night. Only 6, but I made those suckers last!! Today, I enjoyed a Diet Coke and chef salad with fat free ranch for lunch, which I had to walk about a mile to enjoy with my mom at her office!!! I also caved in the hospital gift shop for more chocolate: 2 sugar free peanut butter cups (160 calories) and 2 sugar free pecan delights (130 calories) . I passed up all my faves there like the chocolate covered raisins, turtles, and cherry cordials. Again, I made those suckers last for an hour and a half by sucking on them!!!

I am struggling to stay chipper, but I just want to rip the head off of something!! I found out my research study is being audited and some issues have come up today that I wasn't expecting. UGH!!! I am having a hard time thinking nice thoughts about ANYBODY, too, so here is a list of the things that have bugged be about people the last couple of days!

1. If you can't walk in the shoes, DON'T WEAR THEM!! No one wants to see your ass wobble and stumble with each step; it's just annoying!

2. I shouldn't be able to smell your hideous perfume OUTSIDE of the elevator and BEFORE it reaches my floor!!

3. Just because it's your favorite song doesn't mean we all want to hear it. And we certainly don't want to hear you sing it!

4. Of course, I was holding that parking space for you. I was just stopped there with my blinker on so that you could just swoop in and settle.

5. And, yes, I did wave at you with one finger!

6. If you don't make your kid stop pushing all the buttons on the elevator, I am gonna push him out myself on the next floor!

7. Yes, honey, I am so glad you called. Of course, I know where your keys are. Don't you remember? I took them from you right after I changed your diaper and breastfed you last night!!

8. Yes, Lord, please grant me all the wonders of menstration, pregnancy, and childbirth. And thank you for just giving my husband kidney stones. I am so sorry that my great, great, great, great, great, great, great.....grandmother "made" her husband eat that fruit. [And, yes, I do believe that He has a sense of humor!!]

Sorry, apparently the demon did attempt a possession.

6 comments:

jeannie* said...

You crack me up!!!! I love it. And all those things you were thinking are TOTALLY valid! So jut let it all out. PMS is the WORST!

And I'm beyond proud of you for your choices. Skipping the macchiato and the good chocolate... YOU ARE A SAINT!!!

Annieann77 said...

Your so funny Kellie~!! LOL Glad to see you can still find humor even though you're not feeling that great!

WeightWatchnWoman said...

This is so funny....it is cracking me up!! I needed this right now..thank you!!!

I am glad that you were able to make good choices, but still feed the craving you were having.

Just to let you know, it is ok...it is more than ok because you still have your sense of humor!!

Happy Friday!

Cory said...

WOW! You sound just like me during TOM. I think you are doing incredibly well on the eating though, considering. Keep it up, and hide the bodies well!

FatMom said...

I'm with ya, sister! But, hey...you DID show some great restraint while taking care of your needs! How awesome is that?! Congratulations tooooooo you!

SydneyDawn said...

I'm PMSing myself. I ate so much chocolate this weekend. Ugh.

P.S. I'm going to be password protecting my blog soon. If you'd like to still read it you can send me your email address and I'll forward you the information.

sydneydawn at gmail dot com