Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hey Kool-Aid!!!

Okay, I decided to do my before pictures. I thought that this would be a great way to keep myself motivated. I haven't allowed a picture to be taken of me for a very, very, VERY long time, so this is quite a big deal!! I decided to wear these lovely Christmas pajamas that I got as a gift this year. It turns out they were a bit too small to wear to bed comfortably as you will soon see. Also, I thought the Christmas theme would be interesting as I am shooting for my goal weight by next New Year's. What a Christmas card it would make, huh!!!

Needless to say, my husband was quite shocked about my pic request. So, following my long standing camera aversion, he took the opportunity to take numerous "retakes". This last one above actually turned out okay even though I am not wearing make up and my dog's hair looks so much better than mine!! I may even print some copies of these up for additional motivation around the house!!!

10 comments:

Fatinah said...

You're very brave and you will be glad that you were when you have the after photos to compare. I think that picture of you with the pup is gorgeous!

Robyn said...

You. Are. Adorable.

Fatinah's right -you will definately be glad you have pictures for comparison. Sometimes we don't see ourselves in the mirror like see ourselves in pictures, you know? Pictures are a shocking reality for me.

I LOVE your tree - it's gorgeous, and your PJ's look so cozy :)
*cute dog too!

Tigerlilly said...

Ditto... your adorable... and so is your dog. I think that last picture is great!!

Next year, we can both post our after pics in our too big christmas pajama bottoms!!! Yeah!!

Have a Great day

Michelle said...

You're so pretty! And your little doggie too! LOL! What a shame you haven't taken photos in a long time! :)

You know what I did ... I printed out my before photos and taped it to the inside of my "snack" cupboard. That way every time I open the door, I see the photo and run screaming in the opposite direction LOL!!!!

And girl, do the Paula Abdul video! Don't be embarrassed, who's gonna watch? Send the hubby and doggie out for a looooong walk, and get your groove on! LOL! I have that one too, and will probably do it this weekend. They're FUN! And you workout at the same time!

Paige said...

You are too cute!! I'll be posting my full body pictures next week (again, not having a digital camera makes it difficult).

Also, I loved the pj's!

SydneyDawn said...

I need to take some "before" shots too. I always hate how fat I look in the pictures though. Guess that'll be some good motivation for me to lose that weight.

Annieann77 said...

It's nice to finally be able to put a face to your name! I also should figure out how to work our scanner and post pics of me too! Nice PJ's too ! ;)

jeannie* said...

Love the tree, the PJS, the dog AND YOUR BEFORE PICS!!! The last one is super cute, you should avoid the camera at all :)

Cory said...

Good for you with the before pics! And I can see how those wouldn't be that comfy. They'll be great before long though! And I love your dog.

CuteBeachGirl said...

Okay, your dog does have really hot hair.
The pajamas are cute on you, but I could never wear pants and a shirt to bed, only short strappy nightgowns, everything else just gets tangled on me with I shift hips....