Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I COMPLETED MY FIRST GOAL!!

OMG!! I have actually completed the Holiday Challenge at work! I have lost 15 pounds over the holidays and I still don't weigh in at work until Friday!! I have never, EVER set a goal like this and actually achieved it!! I feel like I am already skinny!! How wonderful!!

On top of that, 2 coworkers asked me if I had lost weight and what I was doing. Keep in mind that these 2 were not together and approached me at different times... Basically, 2 people noticed a change in me that I didn't realize was evident yet!! I have always felt so self concious talking to anybody about my weight loss but I found myself just going on and on about the Nutrisystem program! I talked to them freely and openly about the foods and even sent them each a buddy program coupon!! OMG! I sounded alot like one of the hyper chicks from the commercials!!!

Then, last night I went to put my pjs on I noticed that my khakis were a bit loose. I tugged on them and actually managed to slip them easily off my hips WITHOUT UNBUTTONING THEM!! HOLY CRAP!! I am losing weight!!!! I really am!!! I am actually going to have to buy a belt!! An accessory that I haven't owned in years!!!

I am high as a kite right now! I can't imagine this feeling has illuded me for so long!! I walked 8913 steps yesterday, drank 76 ounces of water, weighed in and I had lost the last pound or so for my challenge!!! I could only feel better if I won the $200 prize drawing for it too!!

My next minigoal is to lose 14 more by February 14th!

WOOOHOOO!!!!

"I'm gonna be skinny...I'm gonna be skinny..."

7 comments:

Fatinah said...

way to go - you're clearly excited and have every right to be. What an incredible thing you've done. Big cyber-hug for you!

Meghan said...

What a great day! Seeing the scale go down is one thing, but clothes getting too big and compliments are such great validation. Congratulations!

Jordanna said...

Congratulations, I love those moments when you realize the effort is actually paying off!!

jeannie* said...

YAY!!! Thats so great! I'm excited for you. When people start noticing a difference it just feels so good... and sticking to a goal is GREAT!!

Annieann77 said...

Congrats!! How exciting!! Just reading your post has made me feel energized! he he !

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!
Isn't it so exciting, when you realize that your hard work is actually paying off! Great Job!

Tigerlilly said...

Yahoooo... how exciting to start seeing the results of all your hard work! That is great! Stay strong and good luck with the next 14!